Kalash & Pettit is a law practice with decades of experience providing solutions to your problems. We routinely represent our clients’ legal interests in North Dakota and Minnesota, with your goals being our priority.
But whenever your circumstances fall short of ideal, you can depend on the dedicated attorneys of Kalash & Pettit.
Kalash & Pettit offers a broad range of family law services to encompass all of our clients’ diverse legal needs.
- Divorce – Our attorneys employ tact and skill while helping our clients navigate the stressful and often complicated divorce process. Whether the process is amicable or hostile, we seek to provide you with the best outcomes with regard to residential responsibility and parenting time, property and debt division, spousal support, and any other areas of dispute.
- Residential Responsibility and Parenting Time – Kalash & Pettit is dedicated to helping you achieve the best possible outcome to preserve your and your children’s rights.
- Child Support – Whether you are seeking and award of support or have been petitioned to provide support, our attorneys understand the technicalities involved in calculating and securing an appropriate and fair child support amount.
- Modification of Judgments – Have your circumstances changed since the court issued a judgment regarding your family? Kalash & Pettit can advise you of your options and is standing by to assist you in modifying your court order to better suit the needs of your family.
- Adoption – Helping families to welcome their newest member is one of the happiest services a law office can provide. Trust Kalash & Pettit to address every step of the process from termination of parental rights to amending the birth certificate.
- Domestic Violence Matters – Kalash & Pettit has spent decades helping victims of domestic violence, whether securing a protection order or finding a safe place for you and your family. Trust Kalash & Pettit to understand your needs in helping you reclaim your independence and feelings of security.
We offer assistance with estate planning so your loved ones can proceed with peace of mind at your passing.
- Wills and Trusts – It is never too soon to begin planning how your assets will be distributed upon your passing. Give your loved ones the gift of knowing your wishes. Engage Kalash & Pettit to draft wills and/or trust documents which will make your intentions clear and provide you with the comfort of knowing your needs and those of your family will be met.
- Powers of Attorney – Kalash & Pettit can help you plan for the unforeseen by providing the means to address your financial needs and affairs in the event you are not able to take care of matters on your own.
- Health Care Directives – A health care directive is a legal document which instructs what and how you will receive medical care in the event of mental or physical incapacitation. The directive may also assign an agent who will make crucial decisions on your behalf and according to your wishes. Kalash & Pettit would be honored to help craft a directive that meets your specifications.
The passing of a loved one brings great hardships. The legal complications which probate court can pose should not contribute to them. If you wish to make certain your loved one’s estate is properly processed, their debts are definitively paid off, and their remaining wealth is distributed in accordance with their wishes, then the experienced probate attorneys of Kalash & Pettit are standing by to be of assistance during your hour of need. Whether your probate proceedings are simple or complicated, and however long they must take, we will tend to them completely and compassionately so you can focus on healing.
- Adult Guardianships – Your loved one may need aid if they have become physically or mentally incapable of making sound decisions or are easily taken advantage of. Let Kalash & Pettit assist you petition for guardianship rights so that you or someone of your choosing can assume responsibility for the ward’s personal care and needs.
- Juvenile Guardianships – When a child needs a guardian it often creates a lot of family strife and upset. Our attorneys are dedicated to providing a compassionate approach to make sure the child’s needs are being met and protected.
- Conservatorships – Whether in an adult or juvenile proceeding, the need for a separate conservator to handle financial matters may be necessary. Kalash & Pettit understands the vital importance of getting these protections in place in an expeditious manner in order to serve the protected person as quickly as possible.
Juvenile court matters include a wide range of topics, each with unique requirements and expectations. Kalash & Pettit has the experience to help you navigate the expectations of the juvenile court process, whether the matter involves the care, custody, and control of your children or a child who is in need of legal representation.
Our attorneys have a long history of representing pilots and other certificate holders in FAA enforcement matters. We provide legal advice and document review in aircraft sales transactions, and prepare aircraft leases and operational control acknowledgments.
General Business Law
Whether you are currently founding a new enterprise or wish to keep your established business running soundly, you can count of Kalash & Pettit. Our attorneys share decades of experience practicing business law and are prepared to facilitate transactions of any size, draft or review crucial contracts and other legal documents, and make certain our clients are limiting their risks.
Our business law expertise includes but is not limited to:
- LLC and other business entity formations
- Articles of incorporation
- Partnership agreements
- Property line disputes
- Purchase agreements
- Leasing agreements
- Contracts for deed
- Annual reports
Kalash & Pettit is general practice firm whose primary goal is to serve our clients. We have a history of providing solutions for our clients’ problems and may work in other areas of law not expressly addressed above. If we don’t have the answers you need, we will help you find them.
Miscellaneous legal expertise:
- Landlord/Tenant disputes
- Eviction proceedings
- Small claims action